Are you interested in serving your community, and having fun at the same time? Come join us! Kiwanis members can form enduring friendships, render altruistic service, and build better communities. We do this at our Monday luncheon meetings, while working at our Thrift Sale,, and volunteering for many other activities such as Warm the Children and ringing bells for the Salvation Army. We welcome your interest in Kiwanis.
How to Become a Member:
Those who wish to join Kiwanis must be in good standing in the community, and must be at least 18 years old. Our weekly noon meetings on Mondays are an excellent forum for prospective members to meet other members, have a good lunch, hear an interesting speaker, and get a sense of the positive energy within the club. The club covers the cost of two meals for each prospective member.
Prospective members need not reside or work in Ann Arbor, but they must subscribe to the Objects of the Club:
- Object 1: To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- Object 2: To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- Object 3: To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- Object 4: To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- Object 5: To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- Object 6: To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
Interested in becoming a member? Please send an e-mail to MembershipGrowth@a2kiwanis.org or call 1-734-665-0450 and leave a message.